Tuesday 5 February 2013

All Aboard!

I found that the video about teaching the Navy officers a specific skill to be very intriguing. The different ways that this video showed how to teach something and how to not teach something were very interesting. The scene in particular that struck my attention was the one where the student couldn't learn because of the heat. I thought that this was odd, because something like this doesn't affect me, but after doing some research I found that even the slightest thing can disrupt learning. Furthermore, the five steps to planning a lesson is something that I thought I should touch on. The last stage, the "test" stage is something that in the middle years should not be called a test stage. In middle years, I believe that tests are necessary, but not for each lesson. I personally think that a test should only be used at the end of the unit and that there should be some sort of assessment for the end of the lesson, but not a test. Assessment is a huge part of teaching, and a major component of making sure the students understand the curriculum, but I do not believe that testing is always the way to do it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment